An annual digest for financial advisors with hosts Louis Diamond and Jason Diamond
A compendium of the best advice from top advisors on eliminating limitations and bureaucracy, fostering growth, maximizing business value, and ensuring your firm is the right place for your clients and business for the long term.
NOTE: The views and opinions expressed by the guests on this podcast are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Diamond Consultants. Neither Diamond Consultants nor the guests on this podcast are compensated in any way for their participation.
About this episode…
Even after 6 years of producing this series, we’re still in awe of the extraordinary wisdom shared by the advisors, firm leaders, and industry thought leaders who join us on the show. But it’s the advisor interviews that listeners often find most captivating and instructive.
It’s these advisors’ candid perspectives on their personal journeys that listeners find compelling: From their experience on liberating their businesses from limitations to finding more freedom; to their secret sauce around growth and maximizing value; and on to building businesses the right way—providing a succession path and ultimately, a legacy.
2023 proved to be the year that advisors took a hard look at their businesses and their firms with a long-term point of view. And they asked themselves the tough questions, like:
- What steps should I be taking to maximize the value of my business?
- Where can I find the freedom to run my business the way I want to?
- Are the firm’s management and policies negatively impacting my clients and my earning potential?
- Why are respected colleagues leaving the firm?
- And, ultimately, is this firm the right place for my clients and business for the long term?
So, we took on the annual task of combing through each of a year’s worth of episodes to find the best advice from your peers. Our goal: To share a digest of relatable lessons and actionable anecdotes from those who’ve walked the walk—18 guests who were kind enough to lend their time and experience.
Yet there are many more amazing guests, incredible topics, and relatable soundbites that we could not include in this digest. So be sure to catch up with the entire series on our website, Apple Podcasts, or any major podcast platform.
Please note: This episode represents the first episode in which we use our new call name. It’s a change that reflects our commitment to providing the industry’s most respected and objective content on transitions, advisor growth and, of course, independence.
As Featured on this Episode:
- Scott Bills, Chief Executive Officer, Partner, Nilsine Partners
- Matt Blocki, Founder and CEO, Equilibrium Wealth Advisors
- Matt Celenza, Founder and Managing Partner at Boulevard Family Wealth
- Chris Cooke, Cooke Financial Group
- Andy Ferguson, founder and CEO of Proquility Private Wealth Partners
- Ghislain Gouraige, Partner, NewEdge Wealth
- Jonathan Hirtle, Executive Chairman at Hirtle, Callaghan & Co.
- Marc Horner, Wealth Advisor and Founder of Fairhaven Wealth Management
- Leo Kelly, Founder and CEO, Verdence Capital Advisors
- Evan Mayer, Founder and CEO of Fortuna Wealth
- Shane Morrow, Managing Partner & CEO, IronBridge Wealth Counsel
- Matthew Murphy, CEO & Partner, Marble Wealth
- Michael Nathanson, CEO and Chair, The Colony Group
- Rory O’Hara, Founder and Senior Managing Partner Ausperity Private Wealth
- Jack Petersen, Managing Partner and Advisor at Summit Trail Advisors
- Craig Savage, Partner, Wealth Advisor, William Blair
- Ray Sclafani, CEO and Founder, ClientWise
- Alan Zafran, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founding Partner of IEQ Capital
Want to learn more about where, why, and how advisors like you are moving? Click to contact us or call 908-879-1002.
An Advisor’s Guide to 2024: The Impact of 2023 on the Coming Year
A review of the most influential trends that impacted advisors in 2023, plus predictions and actionable guidance for 2024 to help advisors think more strategically and set longer-term goals to grow, protect, and future-proof their businesses.
Of Myths and Moving 2023
Setting the record straight on the most common misconceptions that can block financial advisors from achieving their best business lives.