A conversation with Terry Cook of Parcion Private Wealth, Lori Siegel of Centrix Wealth Partners and Michael Henley of Brandywine Oak Private Wealth
After more than 130 episodes of the show, one of the most common responses we’ve received from listeners is that they want to learn more—particularly when it comes to interviews with breakaways.
That is, more about specific aspects of the advisor’s journey, as well as what they gained or lost on the independent side.
So we saved some of the questions that listeners have asked over the past year, then sent out a survey via social media and email to find out what others might want to learn.
After reviewing the submissions, we got our team together, looked at some of our most popular breakaway episodes and narrowed it down to three individuals who represented unique stories, client types and paths to independence.
The result is this special episode – delivered in both audio only and video format – featuring a panel of three brilliant advisors who graciously took the time to dig into the details of their journeys: Merrill breakaway Michael Henley, founder and CEO of Brandywine Oak Private Wealth; UBS breakaway Terry Cook, CEO of Parcion Private Wealth; and UBS breakaway Lori Siegel, founding partner of Centrix Wealth Partners.
- Each opted for different paths to independence—Lori joining the independent arm of Raymond James, Michael launching his own RIA with the assistance of Dynasty Financial Partners and Terry choosing also to launch his own RIA but taking more of a “do-it-yourself” route.
- Each started their journeys at different asset levels—Lori at $300mm, Michael at $900mm and Terry at $1.3B—and have experienced extraordinary growth since their leaps.
- Each have different client niches—Lori working with high net worth clients, Michael primarily corporate clients and Terry with business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Each had different motivations behind their leap—yet shared similar goals.
- And while each have different views of some of the nuances of business ownership, one thing they all agree upon: Independence was the absolute right path for them.
They answer all your questions and more (and since we promised complete anonymity, you won’t hear your name announced but you may recognize your question).
So listen in – or watch – this exclusive episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:12:45 — 99.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | TuneIn | Deezer | Anghami | RSS
Download a transcript of this episode…
The Wealth Management Landscape At A Glance
What Financial Advisors Need to Know. Read->
Optionality Under One Roof
For Advisors Who Aren’t Quite Ready for Independence. Read->
The Limitations of Building a Billion-Dollar “Boutique Firm” within a Wirehouse
A conversation with Terry Cook, CFP®, CIMA, Managing Partner of Parcion Private Wealth. Listen->
Controlling My Destiny: Insights from a $300M UBS Breakaway
A conversation with Lori Siegel, Founding Partner of Centrix Wealth Partners. Listen->
A Diehard Merrill Advisor’s Journey to Independence
With Michael Henley of Brandywine Oak Private Wealth and Louis Diamond of Diamond Consultants. Listen->