Barbara Herman Quoted – By Susan Konig, WealthManagement.com – Years ago, the wirehouses didn’t consider independent broker/dealers a threat to their business—but rather the place unsuccessful brokers go when they fail at their firms. But today the wirehouses are losing some of their largest and most-coveted corner-office teams to the independents. Wirehouse branch office managers, however, aren’t giving up without a fight. Some are taking a page from the independents themselves to lure and keep top talent.
About Barbara Herman
Senior Vice President – Known for her sound advice, unique perspectives and ability to identify creative solutions. Barbara has developed deep and longstanding strategic relationships with financial services firms – from wirehouses to boutiques, as well as the diverse independent space – and works with some of the most sophisticated teams and individual advisors. Learn more...
Barbara Herman Quoted – By Susan Konig, WealthManagement.com – The financial advisory industry is struggling with a shortage of talent, thanks in part to a post-recession reputation challenge and a sometimes closed, largely male, culture.
Barbara Herman Quoted – By Susan Konig, WealthManagement.com – Over the last decade, consolidation and other “efficiency” initiatives have resulted in the loss of jobs for thousands of wirehouse branch managers. …
Barbara Herman Quoted – By Susan Konig, WealthManagement.com – An informal survey of branch office managers across advisory channels finds one consistency in their wishes for a new year: Fair compensation.
Recent News & Articles
- Advisor Choice: How Models Like Wells Fargo’s First Clearing Offer Optionality and Flexibility
- The Trapeze: A Parable for Advisors Considering Change
- Industry Update: Answers to the Top 10 Questions Advisors Ask When Considering Change
- How First Republic Private Wealth, an under-the-radar wealth management firm, became the hottest ticket in the space—and why it matters
- In Pursuit of Purpose: The Story of a Billion-Dollar Breakaway Turned Fee-Only Independent Entrepreneur
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Please note that all requests are handled with complete discretion and confidentiality.