By Joshua Tomolak, InvestmentNews – For entrepreneurial advisors questioning the best next step for their business, the independent space offers several options—yet there are four that provide the highest level of freedom and control for those who manage over $500mm.
About Joshua Tomolak
Senior Consultant – A level-headed, mission-oriented guide who approaches each advisor and business as a unique mission—providing focused guidance whether they’re interested in joining another firm or model. Learn more...
By Alex Padalka, Financial Advisor IQ – Wealthcare said it grew its client assets by more than half a billion dollars last year, bringing its total to $4.8 billion. The firm — a business unit of Financeware, a NewSpring Holdings platform company — also says it brought on 18 new advisors during last year, bringing its total to more than 165.
By Joshua Tomolak – For those advisors in the $250mm asset range who are looking to break free of the limitations on their ability to grow and serve clients, the independent space offers several viable.
Josh Tomolak Quoted – By Gary Stern, RIA Intel – Advisors who switch firms or strike out on their own regularly trumpet their successes, breathlessly saying they wish they left sooner. However, a new study by Cerulli Associates examines the often unspoken downside — client attrition and loss of client assets.
By Joshua Tomolak – In a world that seems to focus on billion-dollar firms making the leap to independence, advisors at a lower asset threshold are wondering how they too can gain greater freedom and control. Here are 4 solid options.
Recent News & Articles
- Building a Multi-Family Office: How an Ex-Goldman Advisor Experienced Autonomy and Growth in Independence
- What’s in it for Clients? 7 Ways They Can Benefit from an Advisor’s Transition
- Raymond James introduces channel No. 4, a user-friendly RIA model after its three current channels — IBD, RIA and captive — make negligible net recruiting advances
- The Pull of Pure Independence: A Former FiNet Advisor’s Journey to Building a $1.7B Fully Independent Firm
- Avoiding the Succession Cliff: Potential Paths for Soon-to-Retire Advisors
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.