Think again. The truth is, not all Broker Dealers are created equal.
Not that long ago it may have been enough for an independent broker dealer to simply provide basic clearing and custody and perform mandatory regulatory oversight. Yet, as the landscape has evolved, so have advisors and their clients—and they are entitled to expect so much more.
Many advisors assume that all broker dealers are created equal—a notion that can’t be farther from the truth. Others are overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices, left wondering where to even start.
The questions remain:
“What should I look for when deciding whether to stay with my current broker dealer or consider a move to another?”
“Does the IBD space still offer me the best support? Should I explore the RIA hybrid space?”
“How – and where – do I start the due diligence process?”
These are questions we get asked quite often. So we’ve gathered some of our best resources to help start you on your way to answering some of your most important questions.
If after reviewing these links you find that you have questions or need more advice, call us at 908-879-1002. We’re happy to share – in the strictest confidence and without obligation – our unmatched knowledge and objective insights relative to the independent landscape.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update on M&A: Meet the Investors—Why It’s Important for All Advisors to Know Who They Are
- $421m team breaks away from Oppenheimer
- Stifel hires former UBS, Merrill teams to staff two new offices
- 3 Options for Advisors who are Feeling “Stuck” After Having Signed on the Dotted Line
- Career Merrill Broker in Michigan Joins Another Alum’s RIA
Subscribe for Updates