Think again. The truth is, not all Broker Dealers are created equal.
Not that long ago it may have been enough for an independent broker dealer to simply provide basic clearing and custody and perform mandatory regulatory oversight. Yet, as the landscape has evolved, so have advisors and their clients—and they are entitled to expect so much more.
Many advisors assume that all broker dealers are created equal—a notion that can’t be farther from the truth. Others are overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices, left wondering where to even start.
The questions remain:
“What should I look for when deciding whether to stay with my current broker dealer or consider a move to another?”
“Does the IBD space still offer me the best support? Should I explore the RIA hybrid space?”
“How – and where – do I start the due diligence process?”
These are questions we get asked quite often. So we’ve gathered some of our best resources to help start you on your way to answering some of your most important questions.
If after reviewing these links you find that you have questions or need more advice, call us at 908-879-1002. We’re happy to share – in the strictest confidence and without obligation – our unmatched knowledge and objective insights relative to the independent landscape.
Recent News & Articles
- A Losing Battle at Merrill: Why a Former Leader Left the Herd for Independence–the Value of Culture and the “Intoxicating” Effects of Freedom
- ‘Crawl before you run’ and ‘wear all the hats’: Uncensored tips for going independent
- Transition Announcement: $1B Merrill Team Leaves for Regional Firm
- Are You Selling Yourself Short by Selling Equity?
- Third Gen UBS Breakaway Finds Sanctuary: $150mm in Assets and a Long Runway to Grow
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Please note that all requests are handled with complete discretion and confidentiality.