Rob Nelson, CEO and Founding Partner of NorthRock Partners, talks about his explosive growth after a shift from IBD to RIA, the value of a capital partner, professional athletes as clients as well as team members, and much more.
A conversation about the IBD model with Commonwealth Financial Network Managing Principal of Business Development, Andrew Daniels. Learn how the firm, 40 years in the making, has evolved, and how their model differs from others in the independent space.
In this podcast, Mindy explores the Independent Broker Dealer or IBD model offers a mix of freedom and support for advisors who want flexibility but also to retain some of the “scaffolding” they’re accustomed to.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It