Focusing on what’s most important right now
A special message from Diamond Consultants
Times like these are both unprecedented and challenging. What advisors and clients alike crave more than anything is stability—and volatile market conditions and a global pandemic certainly provide anything but that.
Yet in the midst of all this uncertainty, I find myself searching for ports in the storm—the things that ground me most and give me a sense of control.
So for me that means…
Taking care of myself the best I can by exercising regularly, eating right, and getting plenty of sleep.
Understanding the difference between what I can control and what I can’t, and taking life one day at a time.
And, of course, keeping plenty of hand sanitizer and alcohol-based wipes at the ready.
Yet it’s a piece written by Dan Sullivan, Strategic Coach® founder and president, addressing the uncertainty which followed the horrific events of 9/11 that I find most inspiring and still relevant today.
His 10 strategies teach us to keep the focus on opportunities—even when the world is at its most turbulent.
- Forget about yourself; focus on others.
- Forget about your commodity; focus on your relationships.
- Forget about the sale; focus on creating value.
- Forget about your losses; focus on your opportunities.
- Forget about your difficulties; focus on your progress.
- Forget about the “future”; focus on today.
- Forget about who you were; focus on who you can be.
- Forget about events; focus on your responses.
- Forget about what’s missing; focus on what’s available.
- Forget about your complaints; focus on your gratitude.
While uncertainty is the watchword for now, one thing does remain certain: We are here to answer any questions you have today and down the road.
Now and always, we wish you good health and the calm to weather the storm.