By Joyce Blay, FA Magazine – Wealth advisor Ahmie E. Baum has partnered with Dynasty Financial Partners to launch new independent RIA Interchange Capital Partners in Pittsburgh, the companies announced earlier this week.
Addepar extends business model from software maker to player in the investments business — a secretive project 10 years in the making
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Oisin Breen, RIABiz – Addepar just reinvented its business model. It’s betting its future on its latest creation, an alternatives assets supermarket where it takes a cut of the action. “[This] tie[s] together viewing, evaluating, transacting in, and monitoring investments across the alternatives landscape … and in a handful of clicks, clients can progress through a singular subscription document … then [pull] all those actions back into the Addepar platform.”
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Ian Wenik, Citywire – The performance reporting software firm is offering its users access to private equity and hedge funds, along with pre-IPO shares in private companies.
Doug John and Bryn Talkington join Mindy Diamond to discuss their break from UBS, the ability to better serve their ultra-high net worth clients and resulting extraordinary growth as the independent $1.5B RIA firm Requisite Capital Management.
In part 2 of 2, Eric Poirier, CEO of Addepar, explores the ongoing role technology plays in the different stages of a business, as well as a firm’s valuation, and what independent firm owners need to consider as their businesses and clients evolve.
Prospective breakaways often ask, “How can an independent firm possibly compete on a technology level with the wirehouses?” Eric Poirier, CEO of Addepar, joins the show to answer that question and explores the role of fintech in independence.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Orion’s Founder Eric Clarke on How Advisors Can Innovate, Disrupt and Win
- Former Merrill star manager Oden jumps to HSBC
- Shirl Penney hands over ‘front end of the house’ to Andrew Marsh as Dynasty does post-$100-million raise, post-IPO withdrawal and post-Schwab partnering reboot
- Wells Fargo’s Broker Recruiting Deals Can Hit 400%, Sommers Says
- Summit Trail’s Jack Petersen on How Their Blockbuster Break Created a $16B Firm Designed to Serve the Unique Needs of UHNW Clients