Key insights shared by recent breakaway advisors and independent business owners curated from the 2021 season of the podcast series for financial advisors. Topics include why they chose independence, motivations to change, impact to clients and more.
While comfortable at UBS a decade ago, Ahmie Baum started to see things a bit differently when his son Brian joined the business. It was an awakening that made this wirehouse veteran reevaluate everything, and propelled his leap to independence.
Mindy Diamond Mentioned – By Ann Marsh, OnWallStreet – Ahmie Baum knows something about transitions. After all, the longtime ex-UBS advisor who began his wirehouse career at E.F. Hutton in 1979 has been counseling clients on how to “navigate the known and the unknown” when they sell their businesses or retire from executive, medical or legal careers for 40 years.
Diamond Consultants Mentioned – By Vicky Ge Huang, AdvisorHub – UBS Wealth Management, Wells Fargo Advisors and Merrill Lynch lost veteran brokerage teams cumulatively managing over $1 billion in client assets in the past few days to non-wirehouse rivals.
By Ian Wenik, Citywire – Dynasty Financial Partners has launched its second RIA in a three-day span. The middle and back-office service provider said Thursday that it has partnered with new Pittsburgh-based Interchange Capital Partners, a seven-person ex-UBS team.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It
- Wirehouse Comp Plans for 2024: What’s In, What’s Out