By Barbara Herman – Whenever an advisor contemplates a move – regardless of the destination being a wirehouse, boutique, regional or independence – it’s important to assess the portability of the business. That is, identifying if the assets can be moved, and whether or not your clients will follow. Only when you have worked through this thought process can you really determine if a move makes sense.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Bruce Kelly, Investment News – It’s been a good year for broker-dealers, compared with rival channels. The latest data from research and consulting firm Cerulli Associates found that national and regional B-Ds grew assets at a rate of 9.1% year-over-year, faster than all other adviser channels. Louis Diamond, vice president of Diamond Consultants, said he wasn’t surprised at all by the strong growth at B-Ds.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Former Merrill star manager Oden jumps to HSBC
- Shirl Penney hands over ‘front end of the house’ to Andrew Marsh as Dynasty does post-$100-million raise, post-IPO withdrawal and post-Schwab partnering reboot
- Wells Fargo’s Broker Recruiting Deals Can Hit 400%, Sommers Says
- Summit Trail’s Jack Petersen on How Their Blockbuster Break Created a $16B Firm Designed to Serve the Unique Needs of UHNW Clients
- UBS’s Cost Cuts Dampen Brokers’ Expense Budgets