By Jake Martin, Citywire – Bedminster, New Jersey-based advisor Robert Bacino recently switched to the employee channel of Ameriprise Financial, leaving behind the independent RIA space he had joined more than 15 years ago. While the Covid-19 pandemic might have accelerated the move, Bacino says he was already leaning toward an exit from the independent channel.
By Mindy Diamond – While there is no shortage of hungry and capable acquirers for well run, compliant and growing independent businesses, sometimes the best acquirer can be a big firm with deep pockets, robust resources and platform, cutting edge technology, turnkey access to specialists, senior leadership, and virtually anything the business may need to support it.
By Mindy Diamond – Many agree that 2016 will be the year where M&A deals saturate the headlines. With increased compliance looming, and the cost of doing business rising, any RIA that has been leery about steering their ship in less-than-friendly waters through the coming year may be looking for alternate routes.
By Mindy Diamond, WealthManagement.com – Breakaway broker? More like breakback broker. While the wirehouses continue to lose advisors to the independent channel, they are also luring some large teams of their own back to their ranks.
Recent News & Articles
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
- From Institutional to Private Wealth: A Former UBS Advisor on Growth, Expansion and Building a $6B Firm
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.