By Mindy Diamond, Forbes.com – For employee advisors who are taking a “bigger picture look” at their business, here are 3 valuation scenarios to consider that can help you determine if where you are currently practicing will allow you to maximize value at the end of the day.
20 years ago, CAPTRUST launched with just $2.5mm in revenue and $400mm AUA. Today the firm reports $400B AUA and a valuation of $1.25B. Rush Benton discusses the firm’s growth methodology in an episode that demonstrates the potential of independence.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Ian Wenik, CityWire – Captrust’s decision to sell a 25% stake to private equity firm GTCR may mark the start of a new era for both itself and for private equity investment in the RIA industry. The valuation — $1.25bn — may help set a new bar for investors in the RIA space. United Capital netted $750m in cash when it sold itself to Goldman Sachs in 2019.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, RIABiz – Private equity-backed buyers of advisory firms have dominated the RIA headlines for the past two years. Aggressive dealmakers KKR and Stone Point Capital, which bought Focus Financial in 2017, exemplify the trend.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It