20 years ago, CAPTRUST launched with just $2.5mm in revenue and $400mm AUA. Today the firm reports $400B AUA and a valuation of $1.25B. Rush Benton discusses the firm’s growth methodology in an episode that demonstrates the potential of independence.
By Mindy Diamond, Forbes.com – For employee advisors who are taking a “bigger picture look” at their business, here are 3 valuation scenarios to consider that can help you determine if where you are currently practicing will allow you to maximize value at the end of the day.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Ian Wenik, CityWire – Captrust’s decision to sell a 25% stake to private equity firm GTCR may mark the start of a new era for both itself and for private equity investment in the RIA industry. The valuation — $1.25bn — may help set a new bar for investors in the RIA space. United Capital netted $750m in cash when it sold itself to Goldman Sachs in 2019.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, RIABiz – Private equity-backed buyers of advisory firms have dominated the RIA headlines for the past two years. Aggressive dealmakers KKR and Stone Point Capital, which bought Focus Financial in 2017, exemplify the trend.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Home Office News: Wires Hang Help-Wanted Signs (Experience a Plus!); Alts at LPL; Morningstar’s ESG Analytics
- Outgrowing the Employee Model: How an ex-Merrill Advisor Found Autonomy & Abundance in Independence
- An Advisor’s Guide to Termination: A Proactive Approach to Protecting Your Life’s Work
- Last Call: Recruiters Prep for Finra-Induced Holiday Hiring Lull
- UBS Holds Line on 2023 Advisor Compensation: Memo