Barbara Herman Quoted – By Miriam Rozen, Financial Advisor IQ – In what is regarded as a conciliatory move, UBS extended the deadline for its advisor teams to meet new higher production revenue thresholds announced earlier this month as part of the wirehouse’s 2020 comp plan.
By Mindy Diamond – The change in compensation that UBS recently announced reflects a tightening of the reins by the firm’s Swiss banking parent. This combined with a retrenchment in recruiting sends a strong message that the battle for control between advisor and firm is slowly but surely being lost by advisors.
While UBS leadership spins this comp change as a positive, generally speaking, advisors are not seeing it that way.
Recent News & Articles
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
- From Institutional to Private Wealth: A Former UBS Advisor on Growth, Expansion and Building a $6B Firm
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.