By Wendy Leung – When considering a move, it’s natural for advisors to wonder whether clients will follow them to the new firm. Yet the desire to share the news can completely derail a transition to another firm. Here’s what top attorneys recommend when it comes to communicating with clients before, during and after a move.
Attorney David Gehn, of NY law firm Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole, LLP, shares actionable advice for advisors including how to avoid risk, manage transitions and renegotiate promissory notes/ EFLs, plus challenges RIAs are facing and relief programs available.
Attorney David Gehn shares his experience in working with advisors through non-Protocol moves, the challenges of terminations and hyper-compliance, avoiding TROs and other contractual matters that can arise even before an advisor considers a move.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- All in the Family: Former $1.3B Wells Fargo Advisor on Building a Multi-Generational Firm
- RIAs Must Define Value Props to Recruit Top Talent: Schwab
- Home Office News: Wires Hang Help-Wanted Signs (Experience a Plus!); Alts at LPL; Morningstar’s ESG Analytics
- Outgrowing the Employee Model: How an ex-Merrill Advisor Found Autonomy & Abundance in Independence
- An Advisor’s Guide to Termination: A Proactive Approach to Protecting Your Life’s Work