By Wendy Leung – When considering a move, it’s natural for advisors to wonder whether clients will follow them to the new firm. Yet the desire to share the news can completely derail a transition to another firm. Here’s what top attorneys recommend when it comes to communicating with clients before, during and after a move.
Attorney David Gehn, of NY law firm Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole, LLP, shares actionable advice for advisors including how to avoid risk, manage transitions and renegotiate promissory notes/ EFLs, plus challenges RIAs are facing and relief programs available.
Attorney David Gehn shares his experience in working with advisors through non-Protocol moves, the challenges of terminations and hyper-compliance, avoiding TROs and other contractual matters that can arise even before an advisor considers a move.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.