By Wendy Leung – When considering a move, it’s natural for advisors to wonder whether clients will follow them to the new firm. Yet the desire to share the news can completely derail a transition to another firm. Here’s what top attorneys recommend when it comes to communicating with clients before, during and after a move.
Attorney David Gehn, of NY law firm Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole, LLP, shares actionable advice for advisors including how to avoid risk, manage transitions and renegotiate promissory notes/ EFLs, plus challenges RIAs are facing and relief programs available.
Attorney David Gehn shares his experience in working with advisors through non-Protocol moves, the challenges of terminations and hyper-compliance, avoiding TROs and other contractual matters that can arise even before an advisor considers a move.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It
- Wirehouse Comp Plans for 2024: What’s In, What’s Out