In part 2 of 2, Mark Sear and David Hou pick up where their story left off after the 2008 break from Merrill, the sale of their RIA Luminous Capital to First Republic in 2012, and their decision to go back to independence as RIA Evoke Advisors.
Mark Sear and David Hou, Managing Partners of Evoke Advisors, talk about their 2008 breakaway from Merrill Lynch to form RIA Luminous Capital, why they chose to sell Luminous to First Republic, their decision to leave First Republic for independence again, and much more in part 1 of a 2-part podcast episode.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Home Office News: Wires Hang Help-Wanted Signs (Experience a Plus!); Alts at LPL; Morningstar’s ESG Analytics
- Outgrowing the Employee Model: How an ex-Merrill Advisor Found Autonomy & Abundance in Independence
- An Advisor’s Guide to Termination: A Proactive Approach to Protecting Your Life’s Work
- Last Call: Recruiters Prep for Finra-Induced Holiday Hiring Lull
- UBS Holds Line on 2023 Advisor Compensation: Memo