In part 2 of 2, Mark Sear and David Hou pick up where their story left off after the 2008 break from Merrill, the sale of their RIA Luminous Capital to First Republic in 2012, and their decision to go back to independence as RIA Evoke Advisors.
Mark Sear and David Hou, Managing Partners of Evoke Advisors, talk about their 2008 breakaway from Merrill Lynch to form RIA Luminous Capital, why they chose to sell Luminous to First Republic, their decision to leave First Republic for independence again, and much more in part 1 of a 2-part podcast episode.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It
- Wirehouse Comp Plans for 2024: What’s In, What’s Out