By Barbara Herman – The word “independence” in this industry has come to represent equity ownership, entrepreneurship and the notion of “going out on your own”. But for many advisors, independence is less about a particular model like an independent broker dealer or RIA and more of a “state of mind”. To these advisors, the word “independence” more accurately represents the freedom to solve for what is most important to them, to be liberated from what they see as negative and to create a business life that is most ideal.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Orion’s Founder Eric Clarke on How Advisors Can Innovate, Disrupt and Win
- Former Merrill star manager Oden jumps to HSBC
- Shirl Penney hands over ‘front end of the house’ to Andrew Marsh as Dynasty does post-$100-million raise, post-IPO withdrawal and post-Schwab partnering reboot
- Wells Fargo’s Broker Recruiting Deals Can Hit 400%, Sommers Says
- Summit Trail’s Jack Petersen on How Their Blockbuster Break Created a $16B Firm Designed to Serve the Unique Needs of UHNW Clients