Kurt Miscinski shares how a serendipitous meeting with billionaire entrepreneur Howard Milstein led to the 2009 launch of HPM Partners. After starting from zero, the firm now Cerity Partners, manages over $31B in assets for ultra-high net worth clients and corporate executives.
Howard Milstein scrubs Mark Hurley’s stringent contracts with 22 RIAs then buys $1.5-billion semi-RIA through satellite entity with a looser mandate
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Lisa Shidler, RIABiz – Howard Milstein is finally showing his strategy to out-Hurley Mark Hurley at the helm of the company Hurley led for 17 years. He’s being friendlier to both new deal targets and existing RIAs alike in an effort to eliminate “some of the friction” caused by Hurley’s stringent deal terms.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.