By Howard Diamond – It seems easier than ever to communicate with others: The Internet, smartphones, texting and social media, each at the ready to comment, share and respond. Yet for all of the communicating that we do, real “conversation” seems to be a less frequent occurrence. Pile on the barrage of headlines and rhetoric – especially those we’ve been seeing regarding the elections and the DoL rule – and people tend to react rather than engage with one another. So it was refreshing to attend Schwab IMPACT a few weeks back.
By Mindy Diamond – I am not a conference person. I always feel like I am most productive when in my office or meeting with advisors on their turf. But, I have to say that I was proven wrong this past week in Denver when I attended the mega custodian’s big event of the year where more than 5000 people, 1600 of them RIAs, converged upon the Mile High City.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It
- Wirehouse Comp Plans for 2024: What’s In, What’s Out