By Howard Diamond – It seems easier than ever to communicate with others: The Internet, smartphones, texting and social media, each at the ready to comment, share and respond. Yet for all of the communicating that we do, real “conversation” seems to be a less frequent occurrence. Pile on the barrage of headlines and rhetoric – especially those we’ve been seeing regarding the elections and the DoL rule – and people tend to react rather than engage with one another. So it was refreshing to attend Schwab IMPACT a few weeks back.
By Mindy Diamond – I am not a conference person. I always feel like I am most productive when in my office or meeting with advisors on their turf. But, I have to say that I was proven wrong this past week in Denver when I attended the mega custodian’s big event of the year where more than 5000 people, 1600 of them RIAs, converged upon the Mile High City.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.