One of the major motivations for advisors who choose independence is to build an enterprise via recruitment and M&A. But inorganic growth opportunities are not exclusive to independent firms. Although more limited, wirehouse advisors have options too.
By Louis Diamond – While bigger isn’t always better, the fact remains that smaller independent practices can benefit by understanding the example set by larger firms when it comes to “scale.” Simply put, most larger RIAs have optimized the management of capital, infrastructure, buying power and resources, resulting in a well-oiled machine that has mastered an optimal balance of organic and inorganic growth.
What’s Driving the Momentum Towards Independence and Will it Continue? With Shirl Penney, Dynasty Financial Partners
Shirl Penney, President and CEO of Dynasty Financial Partners, joins Mindy in this episode to share insights from his own unique entrepreneurial mindset and vast industry knowledge and experience as the founder of Dynasty. They discuss the momentum towards independence and what it takes to get from here to there. [podcast]
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.