In part 2 of 2, Mark Sear and David Hou pick up where their story left off after the 2008 break from Merrill, the sale of their RIA Luminous Capital to First Republic in 2012, and their decision to go back to independence as RIA Evoke Advisors.
Mark Sear and David Hou, Managing Partners of Evoke Advisors, talk about their 2008 breakaway from Merrill Lynch to form RIA Luminous Capital, why they chose to sell Luminous to First Republic, their decision to leave First Republic for independence again, and much more in part 1 of a 2-part podcast episode.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.