Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, Financial Planning – Matt Brinker, the M&A mastermind who supervised 90 deals in his 13 years as a top executive at United Capital Partners, has joined Merchant Investment Management as a managing partner. The move strengthens the New York-based holding company’s already formidable executive lineup and underscores the company’s bid to become a major player in the RIA M&A market.
Mindy Diamond Quoted – By Jason Bisnoff, Fund Intelligence – Senior exec Matthew Brinker announced his departure from United Capital after more than 13 years on the same day Goldman Sachs finalized a deal to buy the firm for $750m, a possible harbinger of more departures in the offing. Diamond Consultants President and CEO Mindy Diamond said that between Brinker’s departure and conversations she has had with United Capital advisers, there is likely more personnel shuffling to ensue, with some disgruntled advisers saying they feel “sold out.”
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- An Advisor’s Guide to Termination: A Proactive Approach to Protecting Your Life’s Work
- Last Call: Recruiters Prep for Finra-Induced Holiday Hiring Lull
- UBS Holds Line on 2023 Advisor Compensation: Memo
- Steward Partners Revisited: Jim Gold Offers an Insider’s Perspective on Why Supported Independence is Thriving
- 6 Factors That Trap Advisors in Indecision Mode