Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, Financial Planning – Matt Brinker, the M&A mastermind who supervised 90 deals in his 13 years as a top executive at United Capital Partners, has joined Merchant Investment Management as a managing partner. The move strengthens the New York-based holding company’s already formidable executive lineup and underscores the company’s bid to become a major player in the RIA M&A market.
Mindy Diamond Quoted – By Jason Bisnoff, Fund Intelligence – Senior exec Matthew Brinker announced his departure from United Capital after more than 13 years on the same day Goldman Sachs finalized a deal to buy the firm for $750m, a possible harbinger of more departures in the offing. Diamond Consultants President and CEO Mindy Diamond said that between Brinker’s departure and conversations she has had with United Capital advisers, there is likely more personnel shuffling to ensue, with some disgruntled advisers saying they feel “sold out.”
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.