Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, Barron’s – For owners of advisory firms considering entering the current M&A market for RIAs, it’s a good time to be a seller. Echelon Partners, an RIA consulting firm, recorded 205 transactions in 2020, a record high for the industry. That frenzied pace has continued this year, as demand for RIAs far outstrips supply: Investment bankers report one seller can attract as many as 20 or 30 interested buyers.
Matt Crow, President of Mercer Capital, a leading authority on firm valuations in the wealth management space, shares his perspective on the future of valuations, M&A and potential changes in the RIA space as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- The Founding Sanctuary Team: How These Wells Fargo Breakaways Built a $2.4B Business
- UBS is latest firm OK’d by NFL players union
- Merrill Seeks ‘Momentum Change’ With 400% Recruiting Deals–Sources
- The 7 Unintended Consequences of Staying the Course
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill