Louis Diamond Quoted – By Charles Paikert, Barron’s – For owners of advisory firms considering entering the current M&A market for RIAs, it’s a good time to be a seller. Echelon Partners, an RIA consulting firm, recorded 205 transactions in 2020, a record high for the industry. That frenzied pace has continued this year, as demand for RIAs far outstrips supply: Investment bankers report one seller can attract as many as 20 or 30 interested buyers.
Matt Crow, President of Mercer Capital, a leading authority on firm valuations in the wealth management space, shares his perspective on the future of valuations, M&A and potential changes in the RIA space as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Last Call: Recruiters Prep for Finra-Induced Holiday Hiring Lull
- UBS Holds Line on 2023 Advisor Compensation: Memo
- Steward Partners Revisited: Jim Gold Offers an Insider’s Perspective on Why Supported Independence is Thriving
- 6 Factors That Trap Advisors in Indecision Mode
- Happy Again: How a $440mm Merrill Team Got Their Mojo Back in Independence