By Mindy Diamond – As of November 11 of this year, the long expected SEC approved FINRA Rule 2273 (Educational Communication Related to Recruitment Practices and Account Transfers) will take effect. This pronouncement will make it mandatory for an advisor who changes firms to explain to his clients the benefits they would experience in transferring their assets to the new firm, as well as the possible negatives, including “direct costs that might be incurred”.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Add FAs, Digitize, Cross-Sell: BofA Boss’s Wealth Biz Growth Plan
- Top Tips for Setting Your Business Up for Success Years Before a Move: An Industry Update
- Summit Partners Backs Ex-First Republic Wealth Chief’s RIA Venture
- Leveraging the Power of Mindset to Enhance Your Wealth Management Business
- The Next Chapter: Former First Republic Head Launches RIA with Backing from PE Firm Summit Partners