By Mindy Diamond – WealthManagement.com – When LPL announced their purchase of four National Planning Holdings (NPH) firms, it wasn’t just another day at the office for advisors in the independent broker/dealer space. “I feel like I’m riding a wave of disruptive uncertainty,” one IBD advisor said to me. “Are we next?”
LPL Financial’s tack to roll-up mode — complete with trash-talking its sweet terms — may send its rep count sailing past Morgan and Merrill
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Lisa Shidler, RIABiz – LPL Financial is rapidly morphing from an organic recruiting machine to a power roll-up that can absorb outsized frictional attrition, name its price and terms and even trash-talk the industry to send a signal to its investors and future M&A targets alike.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It