By Mason Braswell, AdvisorHub – Raymond James Financial has wooed a large family team that had generated $6.5 million in annual revenue at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in Zanesville, Ohio.
By Jake Martin and Mason Braswell, AdvisorHub – NewEdge Wealth, a registered investment advisor led by a group of high-producing emigres from UBS Wealth Management USA, reached back into the wirehouse on Friday for an 11-person team in South Florida managing a combined $3 billion in client assets.
Key insights shared by recent breakaway advisors and independent business owners curated from the 2021 season of the podcast series for financial advisors. Topics include why they chose independence, motivations to change, impact to clients and more.
Ex-UBS $5B advisors, Rob Sechan and Jeff Kobernick found that servicing their UHNW clients became difficult at the wirehouse and wanted more than other firms offered. So they built RIA NewEdge Wealth with EdgeCo Holdings and other UBS veterans.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.