Josh Brown went from mechanical engineer to the Merrill training program, building a business from 0 to $650mm. Firm changes prompted him and his team to consider their options, launching Northend Private Wealth on LPL Strategic Wealth Services.
By Asia Martin, WealthManagement.com – LPL Financial recruited four advisors from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where the team managed $650 million in assets under management.
Louis Diamond Mentioned – By Andrew Foerch, Citywire – NorthEnd Private Wealth is the first wirehouse breakaway group to join LPL Financial’s Strategic Wealth Services platform in 2021. Josh Brown, Scott Thompson, Joel Gray and James Cluverius Jr. formed the independent practice after leaving Merrill Lynch, where they report managing a combined $650m in advisory, brokerage and retirement plan assets. An LPL representative said they are the sixth group to join LPL’s advisor affiliation model, which launched last year.
Louis Diamond Quoted – By Jake Martin, AdvisorHub – A four-broker team in Greenville, South Carolina has left Merrill Lynch to launch an independent practice affiliated with LPL Financial’s fledgling Strategic Wealth Services model for wirehouse breakaways. The group, which moved on Thursday and is called NorthEnd Private Wealth, includes William Joshua (Josh) Brown, Scott Thompson, Joel Gray and James “Jake” Cluverius, Jr. They moved with their administrative assistants Jeannie Fowler and Ashley Thomason.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Add FAs, Digitize, Cross-Sell: BofA Boss’s Wealth Biz Growth Plan
- Top Tips for Setting Your Business Up for Success Years Before a Move: An Industry Update
- Summit Partners Backs Ex-First Republic Wealth Chief’s RIA Venture
- Leveraging the Power of Mindset to Enhance Your Wealth Management Business
- The Next Chapter: Former First Republic Head Launches RIA with Backing from PE Firm Summit Partners