As a Managing Director at Northwestern Mutual, Brett Gilliland had a unique perspective of the limitations at the firm. So after 13 years and with $300mm in AUM, he left to build Visionary Wealth Advisors, today a $1.8B firm.
By Louis Diamond – A growing trend of departures from Northwestern Mutual has left many of the firm’s advisors wondering what’s driving their colleagues away from the broker dealer, and what they are finding on the other side.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill
- LPL goes straight at wirehouse crown jewels — corner-office brokers — by re-platooning orphaned First Republic insider and making a high payout book portable and saleable
- The 5 Advisor Archetypes: Which One Are You?
- Private Equity and the RIA: Two Perspectives on the Value of Growth
- What ‘Cultural Fit’ Means And How To Find It