Debbie Wallen Mentioned – By Tobias Salinger, Financial Planning – Securities America nabbed two more practices from National Planning Holdings to bring its total haul from NPH to more than 215 advisors with $8 billion in client assets following the LPL Financial deal. A major hybrid RIA practice with Securities America also added a sole practitioner from LPL as part of three moves consisting of 20 advisors managing a combined $716 million, the firm announced this week. The suburban Omaha, Nebraska firm constitutes the ninth-largest independent broker-dealer.
Mindy Diamond Quoted – By Cyril Tuohy, insurancenews.net – As many as 711 securities brokers who jumped ship to rival firms or started their own business took with them $98 billion in assets last year. This is a sign of just how ferocious the recruitment wars have become, an analysis conducted by Reuters has found.
Mindy Diamond Quoted – By Elizabeth Dilts, Reuters – The wealth management recruitment wars continued in 2014, as 711 top U.S. securities brokers managing roughly $98 billion in client assets decamped to rival firms or started their own businesses, Reuters records showed.
By Mason Braswell, InvestmentNews – Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has kicked off the recruiting year with the high profile hire of a trio of elite Bank of America Merrill Lynch advisers in Chicago. Veteran Merrill advisers Linda J. Stephans, Kristina Van Liew and Erik Oiler, who led a team of nine as part of Merrill Lynch’s Private Banking and Investment Group, a specialized unit for around 150 teams working with ultra-wealthy clients, jumped to Morgan Stanley on Friday, according to registration records with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Orion’s Founder Eric Clarke on How Advisors Can Innovate, Disrupt and Win
- Former Merrill star manager Oden jumps to HSBC
- Shirl Penney hands over ‘front end of the house’ to Andrew Marsh as Dynasty does post-$100-million raise, post-IPO withdrawal and post-Schwab partnering reboot
- Wells Fargo’s Broker Recruiting Deals Can Hit 400%, Sommers Says
- Summit Trail’s Jack Petersen on How Their Blockbuster Break Created a $16B Firm Designed to Serve the Unique Needs of UHNW Clients