By Cathy Nichols – Almost every week seems to bring some stunning change in the financial services industry. Advisors are inundated with both newsworthy headlines as well as rumors from within their own firms: Possible comp changes (even whispers of going salary-bonus at UBS), recruiting retrenchment, and new models being born and poaching top talent from the competition. All this leaves many advisors feeling unsettled and unsure about their futures. While that’s an understandable reaction, more prescient advisors realize that they are actually getting a gift: The gift of time, a running head start, if you will.
By Barbara Herman – This is an industry where rumors frequently abound. From headlines to hearsay, the stories start out as whispers then circulate fast and furiously. There are the ones that tell of a major firm being on the block or the others of a firm exiting the Broker Protocol. Each creates feelings of uncertainty and concern, and can lead advisors to speculate about what lies ahead. What makes it even more confounding is that sometimes there actually is some truth to the buzz.
Recent News & Articles
- Industry Update: Should You Consider a Move When Markets are Turbulent?
- Should FAs Be Tested for Cognitive Decline?
- The Path to Independence: 6 Key Elements to Consider Before Starting Your Journey
- Ex-Merrill ACTM Chair to Independent Business Owner: A Former Insider’s Point of View
- UBS Comp Changes Make It Harder to Battle Asset Outflows–Analysis
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.