By Louis Diamond, Citywire – Charles Schwab’s announcement on Tuesday to eliminate trading fees on stocks, ETFs, and options sent waves through the media and soon after pushed competitors TD Ameritrade and E*TRADE to follow suit. The industry still awaits news on the other two largest RIA custodians – Pershing Advisor Solutions and Fidelity Custody & Clearing Services – and how they will respond to Schwab’s strategy. Yet many in the wealth management space – regardless of channel affiliation – are left wondering what this really means for their businesses.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- Last Call: Recruiters Prep for Finra-Induced Holiday Hiring Lull
- UBS Holds Line on 2023 Advisor Compensation: Memo
- Steward Partners Revisited: Jim Gold Offers an Insider’s Perspective on Why Supported Independence is Thriving
- 6 Factors That Trap Advisors in Indecision Mode
- Happy Again: How a $440mm Merrill Team Got Their Mojo Back in Independence