By Louis Diamond, Citywire – Charles Schwab’s announcement on Tuesday to eliminate trading fees on stocks, ETFs, and options sent waves through the media and soon after pushed competitors TD Ameritrade and E*TRADE to follow suit. The industry still awaits news on the other two largest RIA custodians – Pershing Advisor Solutions and Fidelity Custody & Clearing Services – and how they will respond to Schwab’s strategy. Yet many in the wealth management space – regardless of channel affiliation – are left wondering what this really means for their businesses.
Subscribe for Updates
Get updated by email when a new article is added.
Recent News & Articles
- The Founding Sanctuary Team: How These Wells Fargo Breakaways Built a $2.4B Business
- UBS is latest firm OK’d by NFL players union
- Merrill Seeks ‘Momentum Change’ With 400% Recruiting Deals–Sources
- The 7 Unintended Consequences of Staying the Course
- $1.6B 6 Years Later: Matt Celenza on Doubling Growth, Opportunity, and Life After Merrill