Banyan/Boston Private deal makes every financial advisor pay attention:
- $60mm (plus upside based upon growth) is a lot of money
- It legitimizes what everyone is doing- it says that if you work hard and build an enterprise with a growing and annuitized revenue stream, there is no shortage of acquirers who are willing to pay top dollar for your efforts
- Whether you are a wirehouse advisor thinking of going independent or are already a principal of an independent wealth management firm, deals like this make you know that your business is a business with real value
- It speaks to the concept of 1 + 1 = 3. When firms come together and they are able to leverage each other’s capabilities, infrastructure, and leadership, everyone, including clients, wins.
- Together, the combined entity becomes an industry powerhouse with scale, leverage, and mega enterprise value.